Fall in North Central Ohio brings weather that can be warm one day and freezing the next. When the cold weather can show up at any time, it is essential to check your drains regularly for plumbing problems that can sneak up on you and become a major hassle. Consider having your pipes inspected to avoid repair services or drain cleaning during the coldest months of the year.
- Your drains may be blocked because of leaves that clump together when they are wet. When your drainage system has a blockage, it needs to be cleared so that you don’t have issues with water backing up on your property.
- Your pipes can freeze. Even in the fall months, frozen pipes can become a problem. If you have problems with your sewer line or another clog in your secondary pipes, then freezing temperatures can cause that line to burst if water gets stuck in it.
- If you hold holiday events or carve many pumpkins, be sure to watch your kitchen sink daily to make sure that nothing is disposed of that shouldn’t go down your sink. Turkey bones and pumpkin seeds can wreak havoc on a plumbing system and create a slow drain or total clog quickly. These items can also cause damage to your garbage disposal.
- If you notice noises coming from your plumbing system this fall, you may have a clog that needs sewer jetting so that you don’t have a total clog in the future. We can remove the buildup in your large and small lines so you can worry less when the temperatures drop, and it starts to freeze.
- If you notice that your drains are backing up with sewage into your home, you could have a clog or need a replacement sewer line. You may also need repair services for a break or crack in the line. Consider calling us as soon as possible if you have sewage coming into your home so that the problem doesn’t worsen and cause more damage.